Tuesday, August 1, 2006

deeper in debt?

another year older? funny, I don't feel too different.

writing again has gifted me that illusive power of present-tense hindsight, as if I can see consequence and end result at the first strike of the match, whole systems laid out for me to poke and prod and poem over. Rob and I disembark this fair city, headed back to the anything but dismal reality of our fantasy lives in Olympia, the pages we walk upon and write about unravelling from the soles of our shoes. Oh hard heart why canst thou not crack wide open like the head? Weave me an allegory that makes me make sense.

Roll on, ye Stars! exult in youthful prime,
Mark with bright curves the printless steps of Time;
Near and more near your beamy cars approach,
And lessening orbs on lessening orbs encroach; —
Flowers of the sky! ye too to age must yield,
Frail as your silken sisters of the field!
Star after star from Heaven's high arch shall rush,
Suns sink on suns, and systems systems crush,
Headlong, extinct, to one dark center fall,
And Death and Night and Chaos mingle all!
— Till o'er the wreck, emerging from the storm,
Immortal Nature lifts her changeful form,
Mounts from her funeral pyre on wings of flame,
And soars and shines, another and the same.
Erasmus Darwin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


I am indeed very happy for my life, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby but until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how a herbal cure helped someone in curing his HIV disease, quickly I copied his email which is aidenojiecurehome@gmail.com I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to prepare a herbal medicine for HIV, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after drinking it for good 14 days, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him my life, if you are having a similar problem just email him on: aidenojiecurehome@gmail.com